To encourage discussion and to get you thinking about ocean health issues, we have created a 2020 Vision of Canada’s Oceans Blog for the 2020 Vision of Canada's Oceans Dialogue, December 5-6, 2013 in Vancouver, BC. Dialogue leaders, presenters, panelists, and others will be writing “short” blog post’s to start a discussion on various Dialogue presentations and panel discussions before, during and after the Dialogue. Through these interactions and an open dialogue, we will build a roadmap that identifies mechanisms to bring policy and science together to maintain sustainable oceans for Canadians.
We will be posting pdfs and podcasts of the presentations throughout the Dialogue.
Please join the discussion. Post a comment or send us a tweet (@CanHealthyOcean, hashtag #Oceans2020), we want to hear from you!
Tentative Blog Posts include:
- Healthy Oceans for Today and Tomorrow: Why Ocean Life Counts
- Looking Below the Ocean Surface: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- The Next Generation of Scientists on Why We Care
- Your vision for ocean sustainability?
- A Network of Ocean Networks in Canada
- CHONe Tools and Ideas
- Findings from the Expert Assessment of Ocean Science Report
- Gaps in Ocean Science Going Forward to 2020
Ocean Science and Policy
- Ocean Policy Successes
- Ocean Policy Challenges in Canada
- Path Forward – A Panel Discussion amongst scientists, politicians and conservationists
Unable to attend 2020 Vision of Canada’s Oceans Dialogue?
Follow the blog and/or twitter, @CanHealthyOceans or #Oceans2020, to JOIN THE DISCUSSION. All interested parties, even those who cannot attend the Dialogue in Vancouver, will be able to participate in the open dialogue.